7.21.2006

Bye, Bye Wickie

By now, everyone knows Wickie was traded to the Braves for Single A catcher Max Ramirez. I'm not exactly upset about this, but I am very fucking confused.

For most of this season, I thought that should trade Wickie. I do love the guy, but shit. All that cash for one guy, for one inning of work, and not even playing everyday? I don't understand why they didn't use this trade opportunity to get a decent starter to replace Byrdie, or an infielder to replace Boonie. Or maybe even two or three prospects for triple or double A. Wickie was obviously worth something to Atlanta to complete their now contending team. And we got in his place is another fucking catcher, and he's not even Triple A? I'm trying not to jump on the What the Hell was Shapiro Thinking Bandwagon. Serioulsy, though. What The Fuck? Someone please explain.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No team would give us an MLB player for Wickie, especially not a SP on par with Byrd. The problem is that Wickie is only going to play for the next three months and everyone knows it. And according to Shapiro he could have gotten a AAA or AA player, but he liked Max Ramirez more. Or something.

9:05 AM  
Blogger MoL said...

Since I don't live in C-town, my familiarity with everyday proceedings of the Tribe is slim. I know there has been criticism on V-Mart for his lackluster base-throwing skills. Could this be a move to eventually move V-Mart to first? Where is Ramirez playing? A or AA, he's still 2-3 years away from the Show.

9:21 AM  
Blogger thatchick said...

I can see not getting an MLB dude for him. But shit. A Single A dude?

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home